We continue to tell our our readers about various calculations of grinding balls for mills. We remind you that you can make a calculation by clicking on the link.
The customer specializes in the production of construction mixtures.
The production parameters are as follows:
- Ball mill with one camera.
- Lining of the inner drum: steel plates of type “wave”.
- Dry grinding method.
- Shredding material is a mixture of limestone in which dolomite is heavily present.
- The material size in the feed of the ball mill is 0-20mm.
- Grinding requirement is the residue on a sieve 007 not more than 15%.
It has been calculated that the average diameter of the grinding balls in the mill should be between 60 and 61 mm in order to reach the required fineness of grinding under the given conditions. Loading the mill is 40-43% in order to reach the maximum capacity of the mill. It is 9-10 tons of grinding balls in physical terms. Since the material for grinding is quite abrasive, we recommended the use of grinding balls of high hardness.
As a result, we have recommended to the client such grinding balls assortment:
- 80 mm – 3 tons;
- 70 mm – 5 tons;
- 60 mm – 1 ton.
Further refilling of the ball mill is carried out by grinding balls of 80mm.
Commercial negotiations are under way.