As we noted earlier, for many years experience in grinding media market Energosteel Company specialists have conducted many industrial tests to evaluate the steel grinding balls performance produced by Energosteel at production bases of our customers.
Industrial tests conducting is an activities complex aimed at organizing, implementation monitoring (observance of all conditions prescribed in the Methodology), and indicators calculation characterizing current and final test results, recommendations development for grinding process changes. As general rule, the customer’s technical and economic department completely revises the normative parameters of the material grinding process (most costly part the finished products production) following the results of such tests. This shows the importance of the various tests accuracy and quality.
The main stages of industrial tests are below:
- The technical and economic negotiations conduction for research objects determination;
- Responsible person’s identification. They are directly involved in industrial tests;
- The industrial tests tasks and objectives definition;
- The testing place determination;
- The testing method determination;
- The testing technique preparation;
- The industrial tests conduction;
- The summing up of industrial tests.
Each of the above-mentioned stage includes the technical and economic measures complex covering decision making on all possible factors that can directly and/or indirectly affect to the final result.
We consider the first stage of industrial tests in this article, because it is fundamental in the future work.
The technical and economic negotiations conduction for research objects determination. Energosteel company experts constantly monitor the situation on the grinding media market, collect and analyze information on the new technologies introduction into grinding process. Our company’s experts are industrial tests initiators in most cases. During conducting negotiations with technical experts of our customers, we constantly offer various solutions that help to achieve a positive economic and technological effect in the material grinding process.
We offer next solutions after grinding process analyzing at the client’s plant:
- the more solid grinding balls introduction in comparison with previously used;
- the grinding media composition changing in the mill (grinding balls diameter changing);
- the grinding media replacement. We replace previously used grinding media with other shapes on the grinding balls;
- the grinding mechanisms parameters changing (crushers, mills). We reduce or increase the filling degree of grinding media in a mill.
With the correct implementation of all the above changes in the grinding technology our clients manage to achieve the following:
- The grinding quality improves;
- The grinding media specific consumption reduction;
- Reduction costs on maintenance of the grinding process;
- Total reduction in electricity consumption consumed by the mills.
Technical specialists must participate in technical and economic negotiations, in addition to commercial department, because only they can determine the appropriateness and possibility of industrial tests performing at the initial stage.
Basic conditions (parameters) of the industrial tests, plan (schedule) of action for the next stages determine by the technical and economic negotiations results.
We will provide information on each of the following industrial tests steps and the main important points that must be taken into account in industrial tests perform in next articles.