Each producer that uses grinding in its production faced the situation when specific grinding media consumption exceeds the previously established norm. Generally, in the view of the consumers the single reason is the quality change of grinding balls used.
Practice shows that in more than 80% of cases the change in the technological basis causes the increase of the grinding media consumption. These changes may be invisible to the employees of the production plant at first sight. Only a thorough analysis of grinding technology will help to understand the reasons for this situation.
For years of experience in the grinding media market, we have compiled for you several main factors (reasons), which can affect the change of grinding balls consumption.
- Modifying the physico-chemical properties of grinding material.
- Changes to mill performance. Yes, such things do happen. Maintenance or upgrading of material supply conveyor can affect the speed and quantity of material loading to the ball mill.
- In the wet grinding, changing the flush density of the ball mill can significantly affect the grinding balls consumption.
- Everyone knows that for prevention not fully grinded material it is necessary either to load the grinding balls into the mill or to reduce the productivity of the mill. It is not recommended to conduct these events in parallel.
- Overloaded or underloaded mill with grinding balls.
- Frequent stop and start of mill.
- The grinding balls mix from different producers or from different steel grades.
- Condition of the mill liner. Design changes of armor plates.
- Velocity change of the mill drum rotation.
- Changes in physical and mechanical characteristics of grinding balls.
These are just a few reasons that can affect the increased grinding balls consumption.
In order to prevent such cases, specialists of «Energosteel» Company are in constant contact with our clients.
Any changes in grinding process at our clients’ plants have importance for us. Received information is analyzed. Based on the analysis, we recommend to our clients a range of activities, which will help eliminate the problem. This can be either a changes in the grinding process or an adjustment of the supplied grinding balls parameters (diameters, hardness, chemical composition of the steel, conditions for heat treatment of balls in production, etc.).