The testing laboratory of “Energosteel” acquired a new instrument for measuring the hardness of grinding balls – updated combined hardness tester T-UD2.
Hardness tester can measure the hardness of steel by scales Rockwell, Brinell and Vickers, as well as to carry out recalculation by the scale Brinell values of the tensile strength for pearlite class of steels.
The device has the following advantages:
- Shock-resistant enclosure that withstands multiple falls from a height of 2 meters.
- High reliability and long service life expressed in more than 100 000 measurements ultrasonic transducer.
- Updated combined hardness tester T-UD2 is already included in the State Register of measuring instruments of Ukraine
- Hardness tester is certified in Europe (CE-certified).
Combined hardness tester T-UD2 has an ultrasonic hardness testing method, which is suitable for controlling the hardness of hardened surface layers, thereby improving the quality of surface hardness testing of the grinding balls of Energosteel.
An ultrasonic method includes a number of additional features and advantages, namely:
- Allows to measure the hardness of products of any mass with a thickness of 1 mm, which is inaccessible for dynamic hardness testers. In our case, it is the templates for measuring the bulk hardness of grinding balls with a diameter 20-80mm
- Makes a small mark on the surface of the grinding balls
- Has a wide range of hardness measurement
- Convenient and easy-to-measurements
Using this device can be achieved increasing the measurement accuracy, increasing control productivity and ensuring of high reliability of the results.